Dear Parents and Teachers,
CARE books are Creative Augmented Reality Electronic Books designed to help children in a number of important ways:
- To learn some vocabulary and the language of natural, everyday English
- To enjoy a simple story they can understand from the pictures, text, video and audio
- To speak with a character in the story, interacting in a way that makes them feel like part of the story
- To practice the pronunciation and intonation of natural English
- To provide a resource for the teacher and parent to know what the child has learned and how well they understood the story
To help your child enjoy and learn more from the story, you may want to:
- Show them how to use the Augmented Reality and Responsive Reader features of the book.
- Read and enjoy the story with them the first time, as you model good CARE book reading habits.
- Be available to assist young readers with the technology if necessary.
- Encourage children to reread the story to reinforce the vocabulary and speaking practice.
The habit of reading helps children to learn, think, be creative and to integrate and practice their learning from many different sources. We hope that CARE books will assist in the growth of your child’s English vocabulary, imagination and enjoyment of learning!
The CARE Book Team